She sat there silently analyzing us. I could have mistaken her for a witch. She was the Piano Woman. She wore an interesting face. As if she was depressed. Her gray roots sprouted out her unconditioned hair and though it would take you a while you could count the wrinkles on her face. Her nails were bitten to the point that you could bleed and her fingers were long and wiry. My attention was then brought to her clothing. She had a red plaid blazer with over sized navy pants. The comparison was of a clown. Then after given a cue she reached for the keys and the song played. Notes poured out of the piano reaching every end of the large sized auditorium. My heart flew. I was amazed how someone like that can play a beautiful instrument like, well, that. Soon the jolly tune came to an end and I was no longer hypnotized. She spoke. Her voice did not flow. It reminded me of a witch. My goosebumps appeared as a chill ran through me. All I could think was....what a weird person.
Written by Lauriela
~This short story is dedicated to anyone in Color Gaurd!
Monday, June 15, 2009
The Piano Woman
Posted by Ushnola at 6:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment